Knowing that we are suppose to be leaving soon and won't have time to pack day of departure (which I am usually guilty of), I started to look into baggage restrictions, the itinerary for the trip, and the weather during the time we are in New Orleans. I had been in New Orleans late October and I found out the hard way that you NEED comfortable shoes to survive in this city. Deciding on which shoes I was bringing was one of the first decisions I made in regards to packing. Then I started to piece together outfits to wear each day. For every day I packed a nice, trendy outfit and also a comfy, relaxed outfit. I'm very indecisive when it comes to the outfit for the day so I had to give myself options! It took me three days to pack my clothing for the trip.I had my clothes packed then I would get anxious about what I was bringing and go through my suitcase add and get rid of some things. I did that about 6 times! After getting my clothes packed I made a list of the hair products, bathroom products, and make up that I would be taking with me so that I could pack them the morning of departure. The only thing I had to buy was baby wipes for the train ride, to get washed up. After that I began to get my book bag ready. I packed a notebook, my planner, and a binder I had put together for the course. I put a sticky note on my bag so I didn't forget my laptop or the charger. I added a few extra things like adult coloring books and a book to read during the train ride.
As for my home life while I am gone, my boyfriend and I had to make arrangements for one day of the trip because he will be out of town also. We have two dogs and a cat that we had to make arrangements for, but that was not difficult!
Hailey, Hope and I began to do research for what to do on our free day but decided that we were going to wait until we were experiencing NOLA to make a decision. I'm excited for the trip and feeling relieved that I have packing done as it is not my usual to be packed before 24 hours prior to departure.
No comments:
Post a Comment