Enjoying Some Free Time

Walking through the city on our own today was fun. We are a bit of an indecisive group so having all our own time to do what we wanted for the day was nice. We started the afternoon by making our way to the French Market. We sat and enjoyed a poboy. I had a philly cheese steak poboy and it was my favorite meal of the trip. We then made our way through the shops. As we walked around I learned that it was important to stay oriented to the area we are in. We made a few stops that we chose to go back to later in the evening. Remembering street names and major locations was super beneficial when walking back to those shops. As we finished out shopping we decided it was time to go and claim our spot for the Joan of Arc parade. We soon realized that this was a very popular parade. The parade told the story and celebrated her 100th year of saint hood. Standing in front of the oldest Cathedral in the US as we watched this parade pass by was a very cool experience. As the parade ended the crowd started separating and we talked about how enjoyable it was. I couldn’t be happier that I got to experience a true Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The way NOLA has spoken to me through music

The city is one of kind. The music that you hear playing on the streets shows for that. As I was in New Orleans I never heard two beats of...