
Reflecting on our trip, I think my favorite part was learning as much as we did. I was visiting a city that I had been to before but knew nothing about. To be able to experience the city a second time and learn so much about the history of it, made the city even more enjoyable for me. The locals of New Orleans are unlike locals of any city I have ever been to. Instead of asking what to do, they tell you within minutes of starting a conversation. They care about the way you experience their city and want you to experience the authenticity of it. I think my favorite day of class that we had was touring the city with Milton. With this tour we were more on the outside of the French Quarter, visiting LaFayette Cemetery #1, Congo square, experiencing and learning about the architecture of the houses and buildings, and hearing stories of the city. This tour helped connected so many dots about the history we have learned and researched. When I traveled to New Orleans before this trip, I had never taken a tour of any kind, in the city. We thought that they may just be wastes of money. On this trip I learned that the tours are one of the most beneficial things you can do with your time in the city. Personally, I know that I learned so much more and appreciate the city so much more than I did before taking the tours. I have learned more than I ever would have on this trip than I would have travel to New Orleans and guiding myself through the city.

No comments:
Post a Comment