
After 16 hours on the train, we arrived in New Orleans about 45 minutes early. As an announcement came overhead that we would be soon to get off the train a sense of anxiousness came about the car we were in. I could feel everyone' s excitement to be getting off the train and finally experiencing New Orleans. I was excited to be getting off the train. Im usually a busy body so sitting and being restless for 16 hours made me a bit stir crazy. An announcement came overhead saying that we were free to depart the train. Immediately everyone stood and made their way to the aisle. I stretched out my arms and my legs. It felt like I hadn't used them in 2 days. I gathered my things and helped Hailey and Hope grab theirs. The line to get off the train felt like it was inching toward the door. Everyone was antsy to get off. As we finally made it to the door getting off the train felt like we were entering a new world. Finally we were experiencing New Orleans. Walked into the station and waited for our luggage. We were all ready to get to the hotel. I felt dirty after being in my clothes and not showering. Our luggage came and we ordered an Uber. It was about a 15 minute wait because of traffic but our Uber came and we loaded up our luggage and hopped in. Our driver explained that she has lived in the area for her whole life. She explained to us local areas to eat and go to that were the best. I started to smell food from passing restaurants. My mouth was watering. I was already thinking about our dinner in 2 hours. We made it to the hotel and made our way in. Checking in was quick. We got our key cards and went straight to the room. We got to our room and opened the door. I felt a relieved. I got in and started putting my things away and decided what to wear for the evenings adventure. I got ready pretty quickly. I was ready to go and eat some good food. Now off to the Original Pierre Maspero's!

No comments:
Post a Comment