My departure began with goodbyes. I said goodbye to my 2 dogs, Savvy and HemI, and our my cat, Nola. Nate, my boyfriend, helped me take my luggage to my car and load it up. It was a little bittersweet. We said our goodbyes and we hugged for a long time and gave a kiss goodbye. I started to get into the car and realized I forgot my toothbrush. I went back and walked into our cozy home one more time. Everyone was happy to see me walk back in. The dogs bombarded me at the door with excitement and cat purring at my feet. Nate walked around the with a big smile on his face. I explained I forgot my toothbrush and went to the bathroom to get it. Nate and I said our goodbyes again with another long hug and a kiss. Hemi, our full size Aussie, must have wanted a hug too. He jumped up and put his paws on each of my shoulders. I laughed and hugged him as his butt wiggled with excitement. I picked up Savvy, our mini Aussie , and gave her some love. And of course, I couldn’t for get the cat. I picked him up and jokingly said “bye Nola, I’m going to NOLA”. Nate chuckled at this. I put the cat down and made my way out of the front door. Getting into my car and pulling out of my driveway was when it really hit me that I was going on a vacation without my for the first time since I was in maybe 3rd or 4th grade. Definitely an uncomfortable feeling. I let Hope know I was on my way to get her. I arrived to pick her up and she came out with her luggage. Her sister and her friend helped her bring it out. We all made efforts to get the luggage in the car, leaving room for Hailey’s luggage that was yet to be added. We got into my car and I said “I bet the first thing Hailey says is that there is no way we are getting all of our luggage in your car and begins to panic. Hope laughed… I think because she knew it was true. We got to Hailey’s house and I let her know we were there. We were parked in her driveway and I looked up, and out my driver side window. I saw a woman stand outside my window and I literally screamed because she scared me. Then we all started laughing. The woman was Hailey’s neighbor and was dropping off Christmas cards. Hailey brought her luggage out and I opened my trunk. She began to panic when she saw my trunk open and said “Oh my God! How is my luggage going to fit in there?” Hope and I began to laugh as I told her I knew she was going to say that. Hope and I situated all the luggage. We squeezed every suitcase in as tight as we could. Hailey grabbed some things from inside her house and then got in the car. As I was pulling out of Hailey’s driveway and typed in the address to Amtrak station, my anxiety started to leave me. The car ride was very relaxed and enjoyable. I definitely gained more excitement as I felt my anxiety about the trip leave. There we were on, an hour a half drive to Champaign, to spend the next 16 hours on a train to New Orleans.
Leaving Comfort
My departure began with goodbyes. I said goodbye to my 2 dogs, Savvy and HemI, and our my cat, Nola. Nate, my boyfriend, helped me take my luggage to my car and load it up. It was a little bittersweet. We said our goodbyes and we hugged for a long time and gave a kiss goodbye. I started to get into the car and realized I forgot my toothbrush. I went back and walked into our cozy home one more time. Everyone was happy to see me walk back in. The dogs bombarded me at the door with excitement and cat purring at my feet. Nate walked around the with a big smile on his face. I explained I forgot my toothbrush and went to the bathroom to get it. Nate and I said our goodbyes again with another long hug and a kiss. Hemi, our full size Aussie, must have wanted a hug too. He jumped up and put his paws on each of my shoulders. I laughed and hugged him as his butt wiggled with excitement. I picked up Savvy, our mini Aussie , and gave her some love. And of course, I couldn’t for get the cat. I picked him up and jokingly said “bye Nola, I’m going to NOLA”. Nate chuckled at this. I put the cat down and made my way out of the front door. Getting into my car and pulling out of my driveway was when it really hit me that I was going on a vacation without my for the first time since I was in maybe 3rd or 4th grade. Definitely an uncomfortable feeling. I let Hope know I was on my way to get her. I arrived to pick her up and she came out with her luggage. Her sister and her friend helped her bring it out. We all made efforts to get the luggage in the car, leaving room for Hailey’s luggage that was yet to be added. We got into my car and I said “I bet the first thing Hailey says is that there is no way we are getting all of our luggage in your car and begins to panic. Hope laughed… I think because she knew it was true. We got to Hailey’s house and I let her know we were there. We were parked in her driveway and I looked up, and out my driver side window. I saw a woman stand outside my window and I literally screamed because she scared me. Then we all started laughing. The woman was Hailey’s neighbor and was dropping off Christmas cards. Hailey brought her luggage out and I opened my trunk. She began to panic when she saw my trunk open and said “Oh my God! How is my luggage going to fit in there?” Hope and I began to laugh as I told her I knew she was going to say that. Hope and I situated all the luggage. We squeezed every suitcase in as tight as we could. Hailey grabbed some things from inside her house and then got in the car. As I was pulling out of Hailey’s driveway and typed in the address to Amtrak station, my anxiety started to leave me. The car ride was very relaxed and enjoyable. I definitely gained more excitement as I felt my anxiety about the trip leave. There we were on, an hour a half drive to Champaign, to spend the next 16 hours on a train to New Orleans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The way NOLA has spoken to me through music
The city is one of kind. The music that you hear playing on the streets shows for that. As I was in New Orleans I never heard two beats of...
No comments:
Post a Comment