The Heart of the City
Where local artists portray their art and street performers entertain crowds. 2 historic buildings, the oldest cathedral in the United States, and Jackson Square. This was my favorite part of the city. Since the beginning of New Orleans it has been an area of congregation for the city. Local boutiques and restaurants line the area. Sitting in the courtyard between the Cathedral and Jackson Square you can see a man drawing in a crowd to watch him perform dangerous stunts. Local musicians are playing their instruments for the perfect background sound. On the fence of Jackson Square you can see immaculate, colorful portraits and paintings waiting to be sold.This area is facing the Mississippi River. It appears as if it was an entrance to the city coming from the river. This picture is from me standing in an area where you can over look the Mississippi River, it is behind me. This is the view coming from the Mississippi looking onto the city. We met within this area almost every morning, for class. It was usually early enough before the hustle and bustle. We could see as the area got busier into the day. It is one of my favorite places because there is so much history within the area. You can see so much of what makes New Orlean, New Orleans. I’ll miss starting my mornings here and spending my days here. My boyfriend and I travel here once a year to watch the LSU football team play in Baton Rouge. From this trip I have gained so much knowledge about the city and experiences that I cannot wait for him to have on our next trip here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The way NOLA has spoken to me through music
The city is one of kind. The music that you hear playing on the streets shows for that. As I was in New Orleans I never heard two beats of...
No comments:
Post a Comment